Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Teach Your King Day

February 10, 2009
Today is the joyous Teach Your King Day, where we four kings visit a random school in our kingdom and walk in the shoes of a student. Today I visited King Herman High School, a magnificent school named after me! When I first arrived, I was welcomed with several gifts: pearl necklaces, gemmed rings, you know, the usual. The whole school even sang a creative and cheerful song in honor of my name. Kids, you gotta love 'em.
King Herman High School, similar to many other schools, looks like a grand castle from the outside. Inside, the walls are built with marble and studded with a pattern of gems of all colors. And I have to mention the bright lighting. There were dozens of chandeliers and lamps in every hallway.
I quickly learned from many of the students that they had just recently moved to the Kingdom, which I greatly approve of, because the education here is far superior to that of any other nation.
The first class I observed was Mathematics. Each classroom consists of about 30 students and 4 teachers, ensuring that each student gets help when necessary. The Mathematics class was top-notch. There were advanced concepts being taught that were also useful in the real world. In fact, I think I even learned a thing or two. The same can be said about all the other academic classes I observed.
There are, however, a multitude of elective classes that I am glad we have here. For one, there are classes in gold mining. In fact, there is a gigantic underground gold mine below the school that a kind student gave me a tour of. It was big, clean and bright. The students gain valuable experience in the mines and help contribute to our nation's wealth with their finds.
Another great class I visited was Advanced Technology. Students here are learning from probably the smartest, most educated minds that ever existed. Professors here teach students computer science, electronics, and all that technological stuff. One student was eager to show me a robot she had built herself that was fully functional and could walk and talk on its own. I am positively sure the Kingdom of Paradigm is the most advanced nation in technology, and we won't stop advancing.
Before my day was over, I had a talk with the four principals of the school and they gave me information about the school system. Each student had a minimum of 10 classes and could have a schedule up to 20 classes. However, with all the different courses at King Herman HS, the principals had informed me that every single student had voluntarily taken 20 classes and that they are thinking of raising the limit to 30. Students start school at 7:35 a.m. everyday and can leave whenever they want. In fact, some students never leave at all and are allowed to spend the night at the school.
Today was a truly memorable day. I am proud of our education system but am even more proud of our students for their dedication and interest to learn new things. Our future is bright.

-King Herman

1 comment: