Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Free Day Without Work

February 11,2009

I love days without school. After half a year I still have plenty of fun places to choose from to go out with my friends. If I didn’t have these free days of school, eventually, I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on my work for the stress and fatigue. Today I had an unforgettable Saturday. I went to the theatres to see a new movie with my friends. The Kings are so nice for giving us tickets to watch as many movies as we want once a month, the whole day for free. That gives us time to relax with our friends and relax our minds, on a weekend of course.

Although I could watch movies all day, I decided to go out with my family today as well. After all, it was “Total Relaxation Day.” Since our oligarchy of the Four Kings is so generous, my family didn’t have to pay anything for any of the places we went to today. The museum, the restaurant, and the sight seeing tour we had were all free for today. The relaxation time is exactly what we need after a long week of work, especially when it’s free.

Even when it’s a regular weekend, where citizens do have to pay, it’s the same experience because the prices are affordable to every citizen’s pocket money. It’s just that the places you choose from aren’t unlimited because you have to pay for them. Either way, whether it’s free or not, we still get to relax and have fun with our friends with the great oligarchy of the Kingdom of Paradigm. And, of course, in order to receive the discount ticket for one day, citizens must work every day that is assigned to them. The exceptions are clearly when a citizen is disabled or sick for the day of work one is assigned. The sick and disabled are covered by the healthcare benefits provided by our government aided by our tax money of course. If it wasn’t for those taxes we pay for, we wouldn’t have this day of free admissions and activities for relaxation.

Tomorrow it'll be Sunday, another day to have a stress free leisure time. Thank you Kingdom of Paradigm.

-Submitted by Lensit Aimes, young student citizen of Paradigm

3 comments:

  1. I like how youre society has days where the governing body provides relaxation days for the people. One thing that I did not really like is that the places to go on the free days the people will have the same experiences as if they had paid for it. I didn't like this because since it's like this then the people might just want to save the experience for when it is free and not pay for the experience and those places will not have enough money raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of "relaxation day". It is a good holiday to have for a utopia because people are always in need of some sold relaxation time for themselves. Personally, I would spend the entire day at the beach on this day. -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. so are prostitution and marijuana legal for people over 16? (refering to your list of rules)

    ReplyDelete