Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Day of Work

Today was my first day at work after graduating from the government-funded university, and boy was it exciting! I met my new fellow co-workers and they all seemed very nice and helped me get accustomed to my job in a gold export company. Our company, luckily, controls less than 30% of the market, or we would all have to face unemployment. We do, however, a few gold mines too. I heard that years ago, a company employee working in the mines had an accident and became half-paralyzed. But fortunately, in this country, the government provides him with healthcare and disability benefits for the rest of his life. I love my life in Xineoph!

But back to my job... my work is not extremely stressful because in Pardigm, everyone is believed to be equal. Sure, there are managers and supervisors, but we treat each other with respect and no one is superior to another.

I get up pretty early for work (at 6 or 7), unlike when I have free time and wake up around 10 in the morning. I do some paperwork in my company until around noon, then have lunch with my coworkers. The people in my company apparenly have no problem with sharing portions of lunches with each other; after all sharing is caring. After lunch, around 1PM, I return to my desk and continue doing some paperwork, as well as some work on the computer, until around 5:30PM, when the company closes for the day. Even though my job is stressless, I do wish that it were Friday. If it were Friday, we work one less hour and get off work at 4:30PM. After work, I went to hang out with my friends from university. If it were Friday, I would have gone to a local pub with them. But since I have work tomorrow, I could not afford to get drunk or drugged. Together with my friends, we went out to dinner at around 8:00PM and had a good long conversation about life after our studies and our career paths.

I went home around 10:00PM and slept around 11:00PM to get enough sleep for work tomorrow. Overall, my day was stressless and carefree. Work really wasn't a hassle. :)

-Submitted by: Nevets Uul, citizen of Paradigm

1 comment:

  1. i was confused about your working schedule. do you people work on saturdays? how do all citizens shop but no one went to work that day.

    ReplyDelete